Throwback to DEESME’s training and information campaign for Bulgarian SMEs on energy efficiency
On March 31st, 2022, an information and training campaign was launched under the DEESME project to support Bulgarian enterprises on the way to higher energy efficiency.
An event was organised, gathering as lecturers:
- Ms. Tsvetomira Kulevska, Director of Directorate General “Coordination and management of energy efficiency and renewable energy” to the Sustainable Energy Development Agency (SEDA);
- Mr. Kiril Geratliev, Manager, European Quality Center Ltd.;
- Prof. Dr. Elka Vasileva, University of National and World Economy in Sofia, and Chairman of the Board of Club 9000.
The event was attended by more than 100 representatives of SMEs, organisations, and institutions interested in implementing energy management systems and adopting good practices in the field.
The event presented the DEESME approach in undertaking measures to save energy and implement low-carbon technologies, with a special focus on the upcoming procedure for “Energy efficient technologies in SMEs” of the Operational Program “Innovation and Competitiveness” (2014-2020) as well as the planned measures to improve energy efficiency of businesses in the National Plan for Recovery and Sustainability.
The main topics discussed were:
- Improving energy efficiency measures of companies,
- Improving the SME’s business effectiveness
- The DEESME approach supporting Bulgarian SMEs in the process of conducting energy audits and energy management
During the final discussion, the participants shared their positive response to the suggested approaches and their interest in the future developments under the project.